Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trilogy




Heartcore I-III
egg tempera & oil on stretched canvas (linen)
each 18 x 12 cm
2011

Yesterday I finished the third picture of a little trilogy. Hearts in different variations and states. The first one I wanted to show sunk into the earth, but I heard some music (as always) and at the very moment I painted the "earth" I heard a song about the sea. Well, I was lost in thoughts and painted water. Whatever. I think it suits it.
The next heart is in a preserving jar. My friend Zia told me about it as she´d read this stuff in a fairytale. I was intrigued and made a little sketch to remember it. Thanks Zia for this nice idea :-)
The third heart is from one of my older pictures, and I thought it would be nice to use it on it´s own ... not in a whole content, only the heart itself. The poor one is constricted, but I think, it´ll live. All of them ;-)

No comments: